Pan-Fried Monkfish with Preserved Ginger and Lemon Serves 4
- 455-680g (1-1lb 8 oz) monkfish fillet, defrosted and skinned
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) dried or fresh cranberries
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) dry sherry
- 30g (1oz) butter
- 1 stalk lemon grass, finely sliced
- 80g (3oz) stem ginger in syrup, sliced, reserving the syrup
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) fresh chopped coriander
- Place the monkfish fillets onto a board. Tie with butchers’ string to secure.
- Soak the cranberries in the sherry for 20 minutes. Heat the butter in a pan. Add the lemon grass and monkfish. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Add the stem ginger and 2 x 15ml spoons (2 tablespoons) stem ginger syrup, cranberry mixture and seasoning. Cook for a further 5-8 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander before serving with roasted root vegetables.