Mussels with Fine Green Beans Serves 6
- 1kg (2lbs 3oz) Bantry Bay Mussels, washed, debearded and scrubbed
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) clear honey
- 2 5ml spoon (2 teasp) white wine vinegar
- 0.25 5ml spoon (quarter of a teasp) dried tarragon
- pinch of ground cloves
- 225g (8oz) whole green beans
- 150ml (5fl oz) dry white wine
- 30g (1oz) pine nuts, toasted
- Mix together honey, wine vinegar, tarragon and cloves to form a dressing. Set aside.
- Cook green beans until tender, drain and keep warm.
- Bring the wine to the boil in a large pan. Add the mussels, cover and cook for 4-6 minutes, shaking the pan to ensure even cooking. When all the mussels have opened (discard any that have not) drain.
- Combine the beans and the mussels.
- Warm the dressing and pour over beans and mussels.
- Garnish with almonds before serving.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry