Monkfish Pasta with Lime and Ginger Mayonnaise Serves 4-6
- 455g (1lb) monkfish fillets, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 150ml (5 fl oz) dry white wine
- 170g (6oz) rigatoni or other pasta shapes, cooked
- 2.5cm (1”) piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- rind and juice of 1 lime
- 200g mayonnaise
- 150ml (5 fl oz) double cream
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 115g (4oz) green beans, cut in half and lightly cooked
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- paprika, to garnish
- Place the fish into a large pan and add the wine. Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Cool and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, cool and set aside.
- Prepare the mayonnaise: In a large bowl mix the ginger, lime, mayonnaise, double cream and seasoning together.
- Gently stir in the remaining ingredients except the parsley.
- Garnish with black pepper, parsley and paprika.