Mediterranean Squid Serves 4
- 680g (1lb 8oz) squid, defrosted, skinned, cleaned and sliced
- 8 15ml spoon (8 tbsp) olive oil
- 4 15ml spoon (4 tbsp) fresh chopped basil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 medium aubergines, sliced lengthways
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and thickly sliced
- 2 orange peppers, deseeded and thickly sliced
- 4 courgettes, thickly sliced
- freshly milled black pepper
- 455g (1lb) cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/450°F, Gas Mark 8
- Mix together the oil, basil and garlic and leave to infuse.
- Place the aubergines on a baking sheet and brush with some of the infused oil.
- Place the peppers and courgettes in a large roasting tin and drizzle with remaining oil.
- Season all the vegetables with black pepper. Bake the vegetables in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and squid to the peppers and courgettes and stir well. Turn over the aubergines.
- Return both trays to the oven and continue cooking for a further 15 minutes.
- Mix everything together. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve on a bed of couscous.