Mediterranean Grilled Sea Bream Serves 4
- 600g (1lb 5oz) whole sea bream, defrosted, cleaned and heads removed
- For the marinade:
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 15ml spoon (4 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) sugar
- toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- fresh rosemary, to garnish
- Preheat the grill or barbecue
- Lay the sardines or mackerel in a shallow dish.
- Prepare the marinade: mix the remaining ingredients together except the sesame seeds and rosemary and pour over the fish. Cover and marinate for 1 hour.
- Place the fish under a preheated grill or onto a prepared barbecue and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning once and basting with any remaining marinade mixture.
- Garnish and serve with a mixed salad and plenty of crusty bread.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 412 Kilocalories
32g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 31g Fat; 0g Fibre.
Tip: If you fancy something a little different, try this recipe with sea bream.