Marinated Swordfish Loins Serves 4
- 4 170g (6oz) swordfish loins, defrosted
- For the marinade:
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) olive or sunflower oil
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) cayenne pepper
- 0.5 ml 5ml spoon (half a teasp) cumin
- juice and rind of half a lime
- 2.5ml (1”) root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Preheat the grill
- Place the marinade ingredients into a screw-topped jar. Shake well.
- Place the swordfish loins into a large shallow dish.
- Pour over the marinade mixture. Cover and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove loins from marinade. Cook under a medium grill for about 5 minutes.
- Turn loins over and continue to cook for a further 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with sauté potatoes and green beans.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 204 Kilocalories;
32g Protein; 8g Fat; 2g Carbohydrate; 0g Fibre.