Maple Salmon with Rocket Pesto Serves 4
- 4 175g (6oz) Organic salmon steaks
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or clear honey
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped mint
- juice of 1 lime
- For the rocket pesto:
- 1 large handful rocket leaves
- touch of olive oil
- 50g (2oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp pine kernels
- 3 cloves garlic
- In a shallow dish, combine seasoning, syrup or honey, mint and the juice from half the lime. Add the salmon and marinade for 10-15 minutes.
- Pre heat the grill to a high heat. Lift salmon from marinade allowing excess to drip off and grill for approximately 5-8 minutes depending on thickness of salmon. Brush the salmon occasionally with the marinade.
- To make the pesto, put all the ingredients into a food processor and pound into a paste. Serve the salmon with the rocket pesto alongside a chicory and cucumber salad.
Whilst every effort is made to provide accurate information, nutritional values are supplied for general information only.
Recipe and image kindly provided by Scottish Quality Salmon