Mango Mackerel with Yellow Pepper Relish Serves 2
- 2 170g (6oz) `ready to eat' hot smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted halved
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) mango chutney
- dash of lime or lemon juice
- Yellow Pepper Relish
- 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 6 small spring onions, chopped
- 2.5cm (1”) cucumber, chopped
- small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 10ml spoon (2 dssrtsp) olive oil
- 1 10 ml spoon (1 dssrtsp) white wine vinegar
- freshly milled black pepper
- Microwave Power: 800 Watt
- Place fish in a suitable dish and spread with the chutney.
- Sprinkle over the lime juice. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes 30 seconds - 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the relish: Place all the relish ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Serve the mackerel fillets with the relish and sliced bread and butter.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 741 Kilocalories;
34g Protein; 59g Fat; 20g Carbohydrate; 2g Fibre.