Mackerel Grills Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) mackerel fillets, defrosted
- 225g (8 oz) tomatoes, skinned and roughly chopped
- quarter cucumber, cubed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) medium sherry
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) water
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the grill
- Place the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, sherry and water into a pan.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes and vegetables are soft. Season to taste.
- Place the mackerel fillets onto a grill pan and sprinkle with seasoning.
Cook under a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until the fish is almost cooked.
- Divide the tomato pickle mixture between the fillets and return to the grill. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot with chunks of corn on the cob and watercress.
Tip: If citrus pepper is unavailable use black pepper and lemon or orange rind, grated.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 275 Kilocalories;
22g Protein; 19g Fat; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre.