Luxury Fish Pie Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) monkfish fillets, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 115g (4oz) mussel meat
- 55g (2oz) queen scallops, defrosted
- 115g (4oz) cooked tiger prawns, defrosted
- 55g (2oz) butter
- 55g (2oz) plain flour
- 150ml (5 fl oz) dry white wine
- 425ml (15 fl oz) stock
- bay leaf
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) soured cream
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) fresh chopped parsley
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) fresh chopped dill rosti
- 900g (2 lbs) potatoes, par-boiled and grated
- 2 carrots, peeled and par-boiled
- 30g (1oz) butter, melted
- 55g (2oz) strong cheddar cheese, grated
- lemon and parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F, Gas Mark 7
- In a small pan heat the butter, add the flour stirring continuously. Meanwhile heat the wine, stock, bay leaf and seasoning. Add slowly to the flour mixture, stirring continuously.
- Add the fish, shellfish, soured cream and herbs. Pour into a 1.2 litre (2 pint) pie dish.
- Mix together the potato, carrot, butter and cheese; place on top of the fish sauce. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish and serve with vegetables and fresh bread.