Lobster with Minted Mayonnaise Serves 2
- 1 560g (1lb 4oz) whole cooked lobster
- 8 15ml spoon (8 tbsp) mayonnaise
- 55g (2oz) radishes, trimmed and grated
- 0.5 5ml spoon (half a teasp) fresh chopped mint
- lemon wedges, to garnish
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, radishes and mint together, cover and chill.
- To prepare the lobster: lay upside down on a chopping board, twist off the claws and legs.
- Crack open the large claws. Scoop out the white meat and roughly chop.
- Using a sharp knife cut the lobster in half along its entire length.
- Remove the small sac near the head, the feathery gills and the black intestinal thread which runs down the tail and discard.
- Remove the meat from the shell. Rinse the shell and pat dry.
- Spread a little mayonnaise in the base of each half shell and arrange the lobster meat on top. Garnish with watercress and serve remaining mayonnaise separately.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 318 Kilocalories;
28g Protein; 21g Fat; 6g Carbohydrate; 0g Fibre.