Kiev Parcels Serves 4
- 4 170g (6oz) haddock fillets, defrosted and skinned
- 85g (3oz) butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 10ml spoon (1 dssrtsp) fresh chopped parsley
- 85g (3oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- grated rind of half a lemon
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 10ml spoon (2 dssrtsp) sunflower oil
- lemon slices, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F, Gas Mark 7
Cream the butter, garlic and parsley together, spoon onto dampened greaseproof paper or cling film, roll into a sausage shape, freeze until hard.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and lemon rind.
- Lay the fillets on a board skinned side uppermost, season well.
- Cut the butter into 4 equal size pieces and lay in the centre of the fish fillets, wrap the fish around the butter to form a parcel.
- Dust each parcel with flour; dip in egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before baking.
- Place the oil in a shallow roasting tin, and heat in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the parcels to the tin and cook for 20 minutes, basting once halfway through cooking.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and serve with a crisp salad.
Tip: Change the flavour of the butter, by adding lemon or orange rind in place of the garlic.Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry