Kedgeree Serves 4
- 340g (12oz) natural smoked haddock fillets, defrosted, skinned cubed
- 30g (1oz) butter or margarine
- pinch of nutmeg
- 115g (4oz) rice, cooked
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) fresh chopped parsley
- 1 egg, hard-boiled and chopped
- juice of half lemon
- freshly milled black pepper
- lemon rind, grated to garnish
- Melt the butter in a large pan, add the fish, cover and cook gently for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Add the nutmeg, parsley, egg, lemon juice and seasoning. Cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring until piping hot.
- Garnish with the lemon rind and serve.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 184 Kilocalories; 18g Protein; 9g Fat; 9g Carbohydrate; 0g Fibre.Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry