Kashmir plaice Serves 4
- 4 170g (6oz) plaice fillets, defrosted, skinned
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 55g (2oz) raw cashew nuts
- 1 350g jar Indian saffron chicken sauce
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- fresh chopped coriander, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the spring onions and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes and stir in the nuts.
- Place the fish onto a board, skinned side up. Cut in half lengthways, fold once and set aside.
- Add the sauce, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and add the fish. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring the sauce occasionally. Season.
- Serve garnished with the coriander and serve with poppadums and a selection of chutneys or relishes.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 462 Kilocalories;
35g Protein; 29g Fat; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre.