Italian Fish Stew Serves 4
- 675g (1lb 8oz) monkfish fillets, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 115g (4oz) mussel meat
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 225g (8oz) carrots, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 397g can tomatoes
- 6 pitted black olives
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- chopped parsley, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the vegetables for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, bay leaf and seasonings.
- Add the fish and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the mussel meats and cook for a further 2-4 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve with crusty bread.