Indonesian Fish Curry Serves 4
- 680g (1lb 8oz) monkfish fillet, defrosted, skinned and cut into 1inch cubes
- 115g (4oz) block creamed coconut
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 15g (half an oz) green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 5ml spoon (2 teasp) ground cumin
- 2 5ml spoon (2 teasp) turmeric
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) ground coriander
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- 55g (2oz) peanuts
- Microwave Power: 800 Watt
- Dissolve the creamed coconut in 150ml (5fl oz) of boiling water.
- Place the oil, onion, garlic and chilli into a suitable container. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
- Add the spices, seasoning, lime juice and fish. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coconut, cover and cook on HIGH for 1-2 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts before serving with boiled rice and naan bread.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 458 Kilocalories;
41g Protein; 31g Fat; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre.