Hot Salsa FIlled Plaice Serves 4
- 4 225g (8oz) lemon sole or plaice fillets, defrosted, skinned
- For the salsa:
- 1 small mango, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- pinch of sugar
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) rice vinegar
- grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- For the salsa: mix together the mango, red pepper, tomatoes and onion, add the sugar, chilli, vinegar and the zest and juice of 1 lime and the oil. Mix thoroughly and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Lay the fish on a board skinned side up and halve lengthways. Pile the salsa on the tail end of the fillets. Fold the fillet in half, season and place in a large shallow pan.
- Cover and cook on a low heat for 7 -10 minutes. Remove the cover, and cook uncovered for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve with wild and white rice garnished with fresh thyme.
Nutritional Values Per Portion (Approx) 259 Kilocalories;
43g Protein; 5g Fat; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry