Hot Mackerel Spuds Serves 1
- 1 115g (4oz) `ready to eat' hot smoked mackerel fillet, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 1 170g (6oz) baking potato, scrubbed
- 3 15ml spoon (3 tbsp) tub reduced calorie coleslaw
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F, Gas Mark 6
Microwave Power: 800 Watt
- Prick potato, wrap in foil and bake for approximately 1 hour, or until soft. Alternatively, prick potato and cook in a microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes – 4 minutes 30 seconds.
- Mix together the mackerel, coleslaw and cucumber.
- Cut the potato in half crosswise and top each half with the mackerel mixture.
- Bake for a further 5-10 minutes until hot or cook in a microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Serve with a mixed salad.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 298 Kilocalories;
14g Protein; 19g Fat; 20g Carbohydrate; 2g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry