Herby Fish Burgers Serves 6 - 8
- 225g (8oz) natural smoked haddock fillet, defrosted, skinned and finely cubed
- 225g (8oz) haddock fillet, defrosted, skinned and finely cubed
- 225g (8oz) cooked mashed potatoes, cooled
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1-2 5ml spoon (1-2 teasp) fresh chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- flour, for dusting
- 30g (1oz) Parmesan or Cheddar cheese, grated
- 115g (4oz) breadcrumbs
- sunflower oil, to baste
- Pre-heat grill
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients together except the flour, cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Divide the mixture into 6-8 portions. Dust hands well with flour and shape into rounds and then flatten into a `burger' shape.
- Mix together the grated cheese and breadcrumbs. Coat the fish burgers in the cheese and breadcrumb mixture.
- Wrap each burger individually in a 20 x 20cm (8" x 8") sheet of greaseproof or wax paper, freeze for a least 2 hours or overnight.
- Grill the burgers under a moderate heat for 15-20 minutes, turning once, basting lightly with the oil.
- Serve in bread roll with tomato, a spoonful of relish and a side salad.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry