Halibut with Yellow Pepper and Coconut Sauce Serves 4
- 4 170g (6oz) halibut loins, defrosted
- 3 15ml spoon (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 yellow peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 150ml (5 fl oz) reduced fat coconut milk
- 55g (2oz) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook the onion and peppers for about 10 minutes. Add the coconut milk and continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour the contents into a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan and season.
- Heat the butter and garlic in a pan. Add the halibut or cod steaks and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Heat the sauce.
- Serve the fish covered with a little sauce and with steamed cabbage or spinach leaves and sautéed sweet potatoes.