Halibut Loins with Champagne and Peppercorn Sauce Serves 2
- 2 170g (6oz) halibut loins, defrosted
- 40g (1 and a half oz) butter
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 150ml (5 fl oz) pink champagne or rose wine
- 4 15ml spoon (4 tbsp) double cream or crème fraîche
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) mixed whole peppercorns
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) freshly chopped chives
- Place the loins onto a grill pan. Dot with 15g (half an oz) butter and season.
- Cook under a preheated grill for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce:- Heat the remaining butter in a pan and add the
champagne. Bring to the boil and reduce the liquid by half.
- Stir in the cream, seasoning and chives.
- Arrange the halibut loins onto a plate, pour over the sauce and serve on a
bed of cooked green and white tagliatelle.