Hake with Orange and Dill Sauce Serves 4
- 4 200g (7oz) hake steaks, defrosted
- 300ml (10fl oz) fish or chicken stock
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) fresh dill
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) cornflour
- 75ml (5 tbsp) fresh orange juice
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- fresh dill, to garnish
- Poach the hake steaks in the fish stock with the dill and seasoning for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain, reserving the poaching liquid and transfer to a warmed serving dish.
- Mix the cornflour to a paste with the orange juice and add to the poaching liquid along with the orange segments.
- Cook, stirring until thickened and hot.
- Spoon some of the sauce over the fish and garnish with fresh dill. Serve remaining sauce separately.