Golden Pasta Bake Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) natural smoked haddock fillets, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 300ml (10 fl oz) milk
- 30g (1oz) butter
- 30g (1oz) flour
- 170g (6oz) pasta shapes, cooked
- 55g (2oz) frozen peas
- freshly milled black pepper
- 30g (1oz) Red Leicester cheese, grated
- 4 15ml spoon (4 tbsp) breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F, Gas Mark 5
- Place milk, butter or margarine and flour in a saucepan. Cook stirring over a gentle heat, until sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Stir the fish, pasta and peas into the hot white sauce. Season with pepper. Spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the cheese and breadcrumbs together, sprinkle over the pasta and fish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION 339 Kilocalories; 35g Protein; 10g Fat; 29g Carbohydrate; 2g Fibre.Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry