Fruity Prawn Club Sandwich Serves 1
- 55-85g (2-3oz) cooked peeled prawns, defrosted
- 3 10ml spoon (3 dssrtsp) prawn cocktail or Thousand Island dressing
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 3 slices granary bread
- 15g (half an oz) butter or margarine
- 55g (2oz) mixed lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2.5cm (1
- 30g (1oz) seedless black or white grapes, halved
Tip: To make your own prawn cocktail sauce, mix: mayonnaise; tomato sauce or puree; a dash of lemon juice; Worcestershire sauce. Buy ready made mixed salads packs, to avoid waste.
- Mix together the prawns, dressing and spring onions.
- Toast the bread until lightly browned and spread with the butter or margarine.
- Spoon the prawns over one slice of granary bread and place another slice of toast on top.
- Mix together the lettuce, cucumber and grapes in a bowl. Spoon the mixture on top of the prawn sandwich, cover with remaining toast.
- Cut the sandwich in quarter and serve.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry