Fresh Mackerel and Kumquats Serves 4
- 4 340g (12oz) whole mackerel, defrosted, cleaned and heads removed
- 200g (7oz) kumquats, washed and sliced
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Preheat the barbecue or grill
- Make diagonal cuts across the skin of the fish.
- Fill the cut sections of the skin and the fish cavity with slices of kumquats. Rub some of the remaining kumquats over the skin of the fish for extra flavour. Season.
- Cook for 10 minutes each side over a low heat.
- Serve with a couscous salad.
Tip: Kumquats are readily available at your local supermarket, but if preferred use orange slices instead
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 770 Kilocalories;
64g Protein; 55g Fat; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Fibre.