Florentine Prawns Serves 6
- 455g (1lb) cooked and peeled prawns, defrosted
- 55g (2oz) butter
- 55g (2oz) flour
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 350ml (12 fl oz) milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 145g (5oz) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F, Gas Mark 5
- Melt half the butter in a pan, add the flour, mustard and gradually add the milk, stirring continually to make a thick sauce. Remove from heat and add 1 egg and the prawns.
- Cook the onion and garlic in the remaining butter until soft. Add spinach, cover and cook for 3 minutes until reduced.
- Place the spinach mixture into an ovenproof dish, make five wells in spinach mixture and break an egg into each well.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes to set eggs. Pour over prawn mixture and top with nutmeg. Grill for around 4 minutes until bubbling.
- Serve with a crispy green salad.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 295 Kilocalories;
29g Protein; 16g Fat; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre.