Fishy Baked Potato with Soured Cream and Chives Serves 2
- 225g (8oz) “ready to eat” hot smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted, skinned and cut into chunks
- 2 large baking potatoes, cooked
- 1 150ml carton soured cream with onion and chives
- fresh chopped chives, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F, Gas Mark 7
- Halve the potatoes lengthways. Carefully scoop the flesh out of each potato and place in a bowl.
- Mix the fish and 1 x 15ml spoon (1 tablespoon) of the soured cream into the potato flesh.
- Return the potato mixture into the potato skins. Place on a baking tray and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Pour the remaining soured cream over the potatoes, sprinkle with chives and serve.
Tip: An ideal snack for all the family. Instead of the soured cream use natural yoghurt or crème fraîche and a few fresh chopped herbs. Use a fork to mash a portion for children 9-12 months. Not suitable for freezing.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 844 Kilocalories;
32g Protein; 49g Fat; 73g Carbohydrate; 6g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry