Fish Stuffed Peppers Serves 6
- 455g (1 lb) cod or haddock fillets, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 4 large red peppers
- 60g (2 oz) long grain rice, cooked
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) dijon mustard
- 60g (2 oz) cheese, grated
- 150g (5 and a half oz) mushrooms, sliced
- fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- For the sauce:
- 150g (5 and a half oz) crème fraîche
- 50ml (2 fl oz) white wine or 1 270g jar white wine sauce
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Microwave Power: 800 Watt
- Slice the top off the peppers - reserve; remove seeds and core; cook on HIGH for 6 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together the rice, mustard, half of the cheese, mushrooms and the sauce ingredients or the jar of sauce. Stir in the fish.
- Stuff the pepper with the fish mixture, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, replace lid. Place in a suitable dish, cook on HIGH uncovered, for 6 minutes.
- Garnish and serve as a starter.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 236 Kilocalories;
19g Protein; 15g Fat; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Fibre.