Fish Puff Tart Serves 4
- 170g (6oz) natural smoked haddock fillets, defrosted, skinned and sliced
- 170g (6oz) cod or haddock fillets, defrosted, skinned and sliced
- 340g (12oz) puff pastry, fresh or defrosted
- flour, for dusting
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) basil pesto
- 4 tomatoes, sliced or 10 cherry tomatoes (approx.)
- 115g (4oz) goat’s cheese, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- thyme, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F, Gas Mark 7
- Roll out the pastry into a rectangle 20 x 25cm (8“x 10”) on a lightly floured surface. Draw a rectangle 18 x 23cm (7”x 9”) in the centre of the pastry, being careful not to cut through the pastry. Lightly cut criss-cross patterns around the outer edge of the pastry with a knife.
- Place a baking tray in the oven to heat.
- Spread the pesto over the bottom of the pastry case. Arrange the fish, tomatoes and cheese in the pastry case.
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg and place on the heated baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is well risen and golden brown.
- Garnish with thyme.