Fish Moons in Tomato Sauce Serves 2 children and 2 adults
- 455g (1lb) cod or haddock fillet, defrosted, skinned and finely cubed
- 85g (3oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) fresh chopped parsley
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) olive oil
- For the sauce:
- 2 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 2 15ml spoons (2 tbsp) tomato ketchup
- Place the fish and breadcrumbs into a large bowl. Add the herbs, enough egg to bind and seasoning.
- Mix together using a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Shape into small balls and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the fish moons and cook for 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add the sauce ingredients. Reduce the heat and simmer for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with mashed sweet or English potatoes and corn on the cob wedges if desired.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry