Fish Italienne Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) hake fillets, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 30g (1oz) butter or margarine
- 30g (1oz) flour
- 300ml (10 fl oz) milk
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) tomato puree
- pinch dry mustard
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 115g (4oz) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 200g can sweetcorn, drained
- 285g (10oz) pasta ribbons
- fresh chopped basil, to garnish
- Place butter or margarine, flour and milk in a medium sized saucepan. Cook, stirring continuously over a low heat until sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Stir in the tomato puree, mustard and seasoning.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta, following pack instructions and drain.
- Add the fish to the sauce and cook on a low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully stir in the peas and sweetcorn and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until piping hot.
- Toss the pasta with the fish sauce.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve with salad and crusty bread.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry