Fish in Beer Batter Serves 4
- 4 170g (6oz) haddock fillets, defrosted
- oil for deep frying
- seasoned flour
- Beer Batter:
- 115g (4oz) plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) oil
- 150ml (5fl oz) light beer
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat the oil to 180°C/350°F
- Prepare batter: sieve flour and salt into a bowl, make a well in the centre, pour in oil and beer, and carefully mix into the flour.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff and fold into the batter.
- Coat the fish in seasoned flour and dip into the batter; drain and lower into the hot oil.
- Fry until the batter is crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oil and drain on absorbent paper.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 337 Kilocalories;
45g Protein; 7g Fat; 23g Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry