Fish Gratinée Serves 4
- 670g (1lb 8 oz) cod loins, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) tomato puree
- 1 425g can haricot or flageolet beans, drained
- 1 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 10ml spoon (1 dssrtsp) chilli sauce (optional)
- 150ml 5 fl oz) cider
- bay leaves
- pinch dried mixed herbs
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- knob of butter
- 55g (2 oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 55g (2 oz) cheese, grated
- fresh thyme sprigs, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, beans, tomatoes, chilli sauce (if used), cider, bay leaf, herbs, seasoning and fish.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the fish is cooked. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan, add the breadcrumbs and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon over the fish mixture and top with the grated cheese. Garnish and serve immediately.
- Serve with a mixed salad.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry