Fish Globes Serves 3 -4
- 340g (12 oz) haddock fillets, defrosted, skinned and finely chopped
- 340g (12 oz) potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) warm milk
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 4 15ml spoon (4 tbsp) flour
- 225g (8 oz) fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 3 15ml spoon (3 tbsp) fresh copped parsley
- 150ml (5 fl oz) sunflower or vegetable oil
- lime wedges, to garnish
- In a large bowl combine the fish, potatoes and milk and seasoning.
- Divide the mixture into 12 -15 portions. Dust hands well with flour and shape into globes.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and parsley. Coat the fish globes in egg and then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Chill the fish globes in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and fry the fish for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with tomato sauce.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry