Fish Cakes with Cheese Filling Serves 6
- 2 170g (6oz) cod fillets, defrosted, skinned and finely cubed
- 340g (12oz) potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 5ml (2 teasp) fresh chopped parsley
- flour, for dusting
- 115g (4oz) garlic and herb soft cheese or Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 115g (4oz) breadcrumbs
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tesp) sunflower oil
- fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the grill
- In a large bowl mix the fish, potatoes, spring onions and parsley together.
- Divide the mixture into 12 portions. Dust hands well with flour and shape the portions into rounds and then flatten into a `burger' shape.
- Place a spoonful of cheese in the middle of 6 of the burgers, top with another burger, shape and mould both burgers to form one burger.
- Coat the fish burgers in the egg and breadcrumb mixture.
- Cook under a moderate heat for 15-20 minutes, turning once, basting lightly with the oil.
- Garnish and serve with pitta bread, a crunchy salad and a spoonful of relish.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry