Fish and Mushroom Surprise Serves 3 - 4 babies of 7 - 12 months
- 115g (4oz) lemon sole or plaice fillet, defrosted, skinned
- 55g (2oz) leeks, sliced
- 30g (1oz) onion or shallot, sliced (optional)
- 2 black peppercorns
- small bunch fresh herbs (e.g. dill, parsley, chives)
- 200ml (7 fl oz) milk (breast, formula or cow’s)
- small knob butter
- 55g (2oz) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) cornflour or rice flour
- 30g (1oz) grated cheese (optional)
- 30g (1oz) seedless grapes, quartered
- Place the leeks, onions or shallots, peppercorns, herbs and milk into a pan. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and add the fish. Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Discard the peppercorns and herbs. Remove the fish and set aside. Reserve the poaching mixture.
- In a small pan heat the butter and add the mushrooms. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the leeks and the poaching liquid. Stir in the corn or rice flour.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Lightly flake the reserve fish and add to the pan with the cheese and grapes.
- Lightly puree and serve to your baby.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 113 Kilocalories;
9g Protein; 5g Fat; 8g Carbohydrate; 0g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry