Easy Fishy Rice Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) haddock fillets, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 170g (6oz) cocktail prawns, defrosted
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 170g (6oz) frozen mixed vegetables
- 170g (6oz) white rice, cooked
- 55g (2oz) ready to eat dried apricots, halved
- 30g (1oz) cashew nuts
- 115g (4oz) bacon, cooked and diced
- 2.5ml spoon (quarter teasp) turmeric
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and fry until soft.
- Meanwhile cook the fish by poaching in a little water.
- Add the mixed vegetables, rice, apricots, nuts, bacon, turmeric and seasoning. Stir in the prawns. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes. Add the drained, cooked fish and gently mix into the rice.
NUTRITONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 499 Kilocalories; 39g Protein; 18g Fat; 48g Carbohydrate; 2g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry