Duchy of Cornwall Pate Serves 3 - 4
- 225g (8oz) hot smoked mackerel fillets, defrosted, skinned
- 170g (6oz) smoked codís roe, defrosted, skinned
- freshly milled black pepper
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 150ml (5fl oz) oil
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 225g (8oz) open mushrooms, cleaned and stalked
- croutes of hot toast, buttered, warmed pitta bread or a selection of raw vegetables
- Place the roe, black pepper, parsley and garlic in a bowl, and mix well.
- Gradually beat in half the oil to make a good emulsion, stabilise by adding lemon juice and some boiling water. Continue in this way with the rest of the oil.
- Mash the mackerel, and blend with roe mixture.
- Serve on croutes of hot buttered toast or with pitta bread and a selection of raw vegetables.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry