Devilled Scallops Serves 4
- 225g (8oz) king scallops, defrosted
- 300ml (10 fl oz) milk
- 30g (1oz) butter
- 30g (1oz) flour
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) onion, finely chopped
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) natural yoghurt
- 1 10ml spoon (1 dssrtsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) whole grain mustard
- 1 5ml spoon (1 teasp) parsley, chopped
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) Parmesan cheese, grated
- cayenne pepper to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- Place the milk and scallops into a pan. Poach gently for about 3 minutes. Strain and reserve cooking liquid. Set the scallops to one side.
- Melt the margarine in a pan, stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the reserved cooking liquor and stir over a gentle heat until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients except the Parmesan cheese. Finally fold in the scallops.
- Dust with Parmesan and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish with cayenne pepper before serving.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry