Devilled Potted Shrimps Starter for 2
- 100g (4oz) peeled brown shrimps
- 1 teasp cayenne pepper
- 1 piece of blade mace
- ½ teasp freshly grated nutmeg
- 25g butter
- 2 tbsp clarified butter (see below for instructions)
- Place 20g butter into a pan and bring to heat slowly, making sure not to burn the butter. When melted, spoon off the white matter from the top and put the butter through a fine sieve to remove any residue. Set aside.
- Put the un-clarified butter, cayenne pepper, mace and nutmeg into a pan and melt gradually to form a spicy mixture.
- Add the shrimps to the mixture and turn for about a minute to infuse. Remove blade of mace and place the shrimp mixture into 2 ramekins or vodka-shot glasses. Leave to set for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Once set, pour over the melted clarified butter and once more leave to set in the fridge.
- Serve with some freshly baked multi-grain bread.