Dan's Mussels! Serves 2
- 1kg (2lb) Bantry Bay mussels
- handful flat-leaf parsley
- juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 25g (1oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 glass dry white wine
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
Mix in a bowl the butter, parsley, lemon juice, garlic and seasoning. Put aside.
- Heat a dry wok or dry heavy based pan. When hot, add the mussels, cover. When the shells open, add the wine.
- Remove the mussels and keep warm (discard any un-opened ones). Reduce the cooking liquid by half.
- Add the butter mixture. After only 30 seconds put the mussels back in, toss well.
- Then serve in a bowl with some crusty French bread and the rest of the wine!