Curried Kedgeree Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) natural smoked haddock fillet, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 170g (6oz) long grain rice
- 40g (1and a half oz) butter or margarine
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) curry powder
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- 1 10ml spoon (1 dssrtsp) lemon juice
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) freshly chopped parsley
- Cook the rice in plenty of boiling, salted water for 12-15 minutes. Drain well and keep hot.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pan, add the curry powder and fish. Cook for 5-8 minutes. Stir in the cooked rice and half the chopped egg.
- Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste. Garnish with the remaining egg and parsley.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry