Crispy Fish Carbonara Serves 4
- 455g (1 lb) cod fillets, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 1 225g jar ready prepared carbonara sauce
- 225g (8 oz) pasta shapes, cooked
- 2 5ml spoon (2 teasp) olive oil
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) breadcrumbs
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) fresh chopped parsley
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) grated parmesan cheese
- parsley, to garnish
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan and heat for 3 minutes. Add the fish and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently cook the breadcrumbs until golden brown. Remove from the heat and add the parsley and parmesan.
- Mix together the pasta and sauce and serve sprinkled with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Garnish with the parsley.
- Serve with tomato and onion salad.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX): 273 Kilocalories;
26g Protein; 7g Fat; 22g Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre.
recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry