Crispy Bread Topped Fish Pie Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) haddock fillet, defrosted, skinned
- 225g (8oz) cooked peeled prawns, defrosted
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 85g (3oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 350g tub cheese sauce
- 1 195g can sweetcorn
- bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 5 slices bread
- 10g (knob) butter
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F, Gas Mark 6
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cheese sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes until hot. Add the fish, prawns, sweetcorn, herbs and seasoning.
- Spread the bread slices with butter and cut into triangles.
- Spoon the fish mixture into a 1.2 litre (2 pint) ovenproof dish. Arrange the bread triangles on top.
- Cook uncovered for 35-40 minutes. Serve with a crisp, green salad.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 567 Kilocalories; 41g Protein; 25g Fat; 47g Carbohydrate; 2g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish industry