Crisp and Crunchy Plaice Salad Serves 4
- 455g (1lb) plaice fillets, defrosted, skinned and cut into strips
- 150ml (5 fl oz) water
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- half a melon, cut into triangles
- 6 small radishes, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- romaine lettuce hearts, inner leaves
- Poach the plaice in water with lemon juice and seasoning. Drain and chill.
- Carefully mix chilled fish together with remaining ingredients.
- To make dressing, put all the ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well.
- Pour over the salad and toss lightly. Serve with walnut bread.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 223 Kilocalories;
21g Protein; 14g Fat; 2g Fibre; 4g Carbohydrate.