Creamy Fish Pasta Serves 4
- 675g (1lb 8 oz) monkfish fillet, defrosted, skinned and cubed
- 30g (1oz) butter
- 85g (3oz) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 1 350g tub cheese sauce or 1 29g packet cheese sauce and 600ml (1 pint) milk
- 2 15ml spoon (2 tbsp) fresh chopped chives
- 115g (4oz) tricolour pasta twists or egg noodles, cooked
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- fresh basil leaves and Parmesan shavings, to garnish (optional)
- Heat the butter in a large pan. Add the mushrooms and courgettes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, if using packet cheese sauce make up according to the packet instructions.
- Add preferred cheese sauce and chives to the pan. Slowly bring to the boil, reduce the heat and add the fish. Cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked pasta or noodles, season, and top with basil leaves and Parmesan shavings if used.
- Serve with a green salad and garlic bread.
Kindly donated by The Seafish Industry