Crab and Tomato Parcels Serves 4
- 225g (8oz) mixed crabmeat, defrosted
- 115-140g (4-5oz) fromage frais
- half a small onion, finely chopped
- 0.5 5ml spoon (half a teasp) mixed herbs
- 340g (12oz) prepared puff pastry
- 2 medium tomatoes, skinned deseeded and chopped
- 1 small egg, beaten
- parsley and lemon slices, to garnish
- lemon and parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F, Gas Mark 6
- Mix together the crabmeat, fromage frais, onion and herbs.
- Roll out the pastry into a large rectangle 40 x 20cm (16" x 8") approximately. Cut into four pieces.
- Divide half the crab mixture between the pieces of pastry. Top with the tomato and remaining crab mixture.
- Fold the pastry over to form a parcel, sealing the edges well.
- Brush with the beaten egg and bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices and serve warm with salad.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 441 Kilocalories;
19g Protein; 26g Fat; 35g Carbohydrate; 0g Fibre.
Kindly donated by The Seafish Industry