Corsican Fish Omelette Serves 4
- 455g (1 lb) haddock fillets
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small turnip or swede, peeled and grated
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) parsley, chopped
- Poach the fish portions in a little water for 2 minutes, cut into large cubes and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan. Cook the onions and turnip for 2-3 minutes. Add the fish.
- Beat the Worcestershire sauce and seasoning into the egg mixture. Pour into the pan.
Cook over a low heat for 5-7 minutes, without stirring, but tilting the pan occasionally to ensure all the egg is cooked.
- When the base is golden remove from the heat.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with a crisp salad and French bread.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PORTION (APPROX) 206 Kilocalories; 26g Protein; 11g Fat; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry