Cod with Coriander Risotto Serves 4
- 4 170g (6oz) thick cod loins, defrosted, skinned
- 1 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 225g (8oz) risotto rice
- rind and juice of orange
- 5 15ml spoon (5 tbsp) fresh chopped coriander
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 850ml (30 fl oz) chicken or vegetable stock
- coriander, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion, until soft. Add the rice, orange rind and juice, coriander and seasoning. Stir until all the rice is coated.
- Add 600ml (1 pint) of the stock. Cook until absorbed. Stir well.
- Add 150ml (5 fl oz) stock, stir. Top with fish, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining stock if necessary. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish and serve with tomato and onion salad.
NUTRITIONAL VALUES PER PERSON (APPROX) 400 Kilocalories; 37g Protein; 6g Fat; 49g Carbohydrate; 1g Fibre.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry