Coconut Fried Fish Serves 4
- 4 225g (8oz) shark steaks, defrosted, skinned
- 85g (3oz) flour
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 85g (3oz) desiccated or shredded coconut
- 3 15ml spoon (3 tbsp) oil
- Cut the fish into 5cm (2") cubes.
- Mix the flour and seasoning together and coat the fish. Dip into the egg and coat with the coconut.
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan. Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve with barbecue sauce lemon wedges and a salad.
Recipe kindly donated by The Seafish Industry